MONDAY, MAY 21, 2018:
- CVB & rights holder conference check-in at host hotel
- Breakfast offered at host hotel
- Conference kick off / welcome at host hotel
- Load the coach bus for lunch at the UW Health Sports Factory. RACVB will work with Sports Illinois to determine if a guest speaker would be desired for the lunch. Lunch will provide for a time where CVB reps can get to know rights holders.
- The Inaugural Sports Illinois Legacy Project Kick-Off (details TBD). The interactive project will involve rights holders and CVBs giving back to a local community through sports/athletics. We may ask for CVB members to bring in new or used sports equipment that could be donated to youth. The RACVB is working out the details of the program/donation, and will do so in accordance with Sports Illinois, Rockford Publics School District 205 and local agencies committed to helping our community’s needs through sports.
- The Monday night experience may take place at the Chicagoland Skydiving Center (CSC) in Rochelle, IL. Take flight with a tandem skydive, and if it’s not your thing, watch your colleagues land from the Flight Deck Bar & Grill. Note: This Monday evening activity is to be confirmed based on availability of CSC.
- Opening night festivities continue late night at the 2018 Headquarter Hotel Hospitality Experience, sponsored by the Rockford Area CVB. RACVB will partner with local entertainment companies to program the hospitality experience (for example, Arachnid 360, the global leader in soft tip dart boards, may program the space with electronic dart boards).
TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2018:
- Breakfast at hotel
- Panel Discussion/ TBD. Again, RACVB will work with Sports Illinois to attract the best fit speakers for each session.
- Lunch at Hotel or Mercyhealth Sportscore Two
- One-on-one appointments at UW Health Sports Factory (on the turf). Trade Show set up would be provided by the RACVB. CVBs would be asked to consider trade show materials that are smaller and transportable to an offsite, casual and interactive location. A Recreational Reception will occur during and following the one-on-one appointments, featuring ultimate frisbee, soccer and an FPV drone racing experience.
- Optional closing reception/dinner for those departing Wednesday morning. Dinner would be hosted at a popular restaurant such as: Franchesco’s Italian Restaurant or Alchemy (Artisan Pasta, Pizza and libations).